Question Unanswered: Database Maintenance Plan questions......

I have three questions on database maintenance:

1 - If you have say 5 databases in the plan. The maintenance plan executes the plan in the alphabetical order of the names of the databases. Is there a way to manually decide the order in which the databases are selected for the plan execution.

2 - If say the backup of databases one and two is completed and the plan is onto the third database. And the the backup gets stuck because of something going on in that database, the plan does not move on and backup databases four and five and then comeback for the unfinished database three. Is there a way to setup the plan to do this (making different plans for each dB is not a easily managable option for me because of the number of dB's).

3 - Is there a way to get the script of a database maintenance plan.

Re: Database Maintenance Plan questions......

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by HSM_DBA

1 - If you have say 5 databases in the plan. The maintenance plan executes the plan in the alphabetical order of the names of the databases. Is there a way to manually decide the order in which the databases are selected for the plan execution.
    Set up 5 plans

2 - If say the backup of databases one and two is completed and the plan is onto the third database. And the the backup gets stuck because of something going on in that database, the plan does not move on and backup databases four and five and then comeback for the unfinished database three. Is there a way to setup the plan to do this (making different plans for each dB is not a easily managable option for me because of the number of dB's).
    Write 1 backup procedure and either put the names of the database that you want to back up and do them 1 at a time or read the catalog

3 - Is there a way to get the script of a database maintenance plan.
    The plan creates a job. You can script that...
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.