Thread: Error 2003

Unanswered: Error 2003

Hi,

Anyone who can help me with this…

My client was running Windows 2000 SP3. He got to this error message
    "User Setup File Open Error, Stat= 2003" during login into a 16 bit application in the server.

Anyone have an idea?

Provided Answers: 4
    If that's a real Pervasive error code, then the 2003 means:
    2003: The Requester does not allow local access to the specified file
    The application attempted to access a file stored on a local drive. The configuration of the MicroKernel installed at the client machine does not allow access to local files.

What that means is that the application is trying to access a local file but there's no engine to open it. You'll need to tell the application to open the file where the engine is located.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Re: Error 2003

Thanks for your reply...

I do not really get it by open the application file.Could you please tell me steps on how to get it open.As I have no experience with Btrieve

Previously I do ask my client looking for BTI.ini in his workstation but he told me that BTI.ini file was not found in the workstation.

Do I need to ask him check on list of "Must have" btrieve files that in WINNT? For instance, WBTRCALL.DLL, NWLCAL.DLL and etc....

Fyi, My client running the system in the Novell Netware 4.83...

Thanks again...

Originally posted by may1
    Hi,

Anyone who can help me with this…

My client was running Windows 2000 SP3. He got to this error message
    "User Setup File Open Error, Stat= 2003" during login into a 16 bit application in the server.

Anyone have an idea?

Provided Answers: 4
    What components you need to check for depend on the version of Btrieve. If it's a 16 bit version then WBTRCALL.DLL is a good place to start. If it's a 32-bit version of Btrieve then you need to check for WBTRV32.DLL(or W3BTRV7.DLL).
    The 2003 indicates local access is not availble. Where is the data file that this application accesses? Is it on the Novell server or the Windows 2000 machine? If it's on the Windows 2000 machine, you are going to need an engine on the machine. If it's on the Novell server, what version of Btrieve is running (you can check by typing "modules btrieve.nlm" at the server console).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.