Unanswered: Sort radio buttons?

On several layouts for a client database, I've used radio buttons based on values in a field, and now the client wants them to appear in an order she considers logical, rather than alphabetically.

Is there any way to do this without using a second field for sorting? I can create a sort field to get the values into the order I want them, but we don't want the sort field to appear on the layout with the radio button and text.

Hmm, I suppose I could make the number the first field and place a bar the same colour as the background over the top of it...

Any other ideas?

comedy

Question Re: Sort radio buttons?

Could to elaborate? or provide a 6 field sample (3 text fields and 3 radio button fields)? I can't quite picture what your getting at. Are you dealing with text or numbers?

Originally posted by comedy
    On several layouts for a client database, I've used radio buttons based on values in a field, and now the client wants them to appear in an order she considers logical, rather than alphabetically.

Is there any way to do this without using a second field for sorting? I can create a sort field to get the values into the order I want them, but we don't want the sort field to appear on the layout with the radio button and text.

Hmm, I suppose I could make the number the first field and place a bar the same colour as the background over the top of it...

Any other ideas?

comedy

Re: Sort radio buttons?

You could manipulate the radio names from:

doctor
    nurse
    lawer

to

1 doctor
    2 nurse
    3 lawer

you'll have to replace history but the sort will work.

(works unless you have more than 9 values
    as 10 shows up next to 1 on a text sort.)

Originally posted by comedy

Any other ideas?

comedy