Unanswered: Help needed for bcp queryout

Hi

I'm trying to export data using the bcp command with queryout into a simple text file, which I can then read into another application (not SQL).

It's working ok, except that some of the data contains non-ASCII characters, specifically newline or carriage returns so the lines in my text file are being split.

I don't seem to be able to find a solution to this problem - I can't use the native arguement because I don't want to read the data back into SQL and I've played around with -w option without success.

I don't really want to replace the non-ASCII characters first or try to detect and concatenate split lines after the text file has been created (both seem tacky to me!) Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Help needed for bcp queryout

Originally posted by Peter Bullock
    Hi

I'm trying to export data using the bcp command with queryout into a simple text file, which I can then read into another application (not SQL).

It's working ok, except that some of the data contains non-ASCII characters, specifically newline or carriage returns so the lines in my text file are being split.

I don't seem to be able to find a solution to this problem - I can't use the native arguement because I don't want to read the data back into SQL and I've played around with -w option without success.

I don't really want to replace the non-ASCII characters first or try to detect and concatenate split lines after the text file has been created (both seem tacky to me!) Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.
    Well if you have non ASCII characters, then I would definitely NOT recommend exporting to text files... unless you want problems and lots of work...