Unhappy Unanswered: Poor network performance

I have a relatively small database that works fine on my PC.
    But when I split it and put the back-end to server it works slow.
    Some queries even "fall asleep".
    I think that the problem is not in my network because when I place a copy of the complete database (before splitting it) on the server and access it remotely - it works fine!
    I tried to compile all modules and to compact and repair database but the performance is still poor.
    I'm not an expert so that is all I could think.

Can someone tell me what could be the reason for that poor network performance?

Thanks

I forgot to tell you that I use many parameter queries (with 3 to 7 parameters passed from a form).

I presume it is normal that those queries work slower than the ordinary select queries but I HAVE TO use them. I can accept 10 - 15 seconds delay but in most cases they don't work at all (Access falls asleep!).

As I said I need to use parameter queries so I will apreciate if someone can tell me what to do ...

THANKS

Talking Re: Poor network performance

Hi all

I think you have to revise your Tables Design. You must use Primary Keys and Indexes every place you have a parameter.

Using SQL Statments in your forms is better always than opening direct tables.

Regards,

Firas arramli

Exclamation

Thank you for your advise firasarramli!

I am sure that I have Primary Keys in my tables but I'll review again wheather I have put indexes to all parameter fields!

But I need some explanation - what do you meen by "Using SQL Statments in my forms instead of opening direct tables" ?