Unanswered: centring forms and form contents (not control content)

I have developed a number of forms with menus and controls, subforms etc, and they look fine on the machine/screen on which they were developed but when I transfer the DB to another sytem I don't seem to have the same alignment/size.

How do I have the various forms and form components adjust to the new system? I am setting the appropriate forms to maximise, but then they appear lopsided as my centring of controls appears 'fixed' in screen placement.

As an adjunct - theforms and controls all work fine on the various systems but don't look fine.

I have jumped into a fair amount of VB in the development of this, but don't know where to turn so any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Smile Re: centring forms and form contents (not control content)

Originally posted by rodmead
    I have developed a number of forms with menus and controls, subforms etc, and they look fine on the machine/screen on which they were developed but when I transfer the DB to another sytem I don't seem to have the same alignment/size.

How do I have the various forms and form components adjust to the new system? I am setting the appropriate forms to maximise, but then they appear lopsided as my centring of controls appears 'fixed' in screen placement.

As an adjunct - theforms and controls all work fine on the various systems but don't look fine.

I have jumped into a fair amount of VB in the development of this, but don't know where to turn so any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers
    This is mostly a resolution issue with the different monitors of different sizes using the forms. There is custom code that you can write to do what you want but I personally have elected to design in a resolution that is a compromise of the resolutions that I expect to see. I don't know of anything within Access or Windows to automatically compensate for these changes.

Maybe someone else will chime in with some fancy code, but that is what I have decided to live with.

Good luck.

Gregg

Well someone did it and is offering the solution as a shareware package - also Ken Getz has made available a form scaling/resize tool taken from the MSDN handbook - there are some restrictions as to copyright and I only post the ZIP file so you can read and make your own decisions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile

Originally posted by Jumper
    Well someone did it and is offering the solution as a shareware package - also Ken Getz has made available a form scaling/resize tool taken from the MSDN handbook - there are some restrictions as to copyright and I only post the ZIP file so you can read and make your own decisions.
    I've got the Acess 97 Developers Handbook by Litwin, Getz and Gilbert and it's probably the same procedure. Just thought it was a bit more than basic operations.

Gregg

Originally posted by Jumper
    Thanks very much. I haven't had a look yet. I was thinking of picking up screen resolution, checking all forms and placements for locations and then working a ratio to place in a variable and perhaps have controls/forms placed in a temporary table with the attributes changed to reflect the ratio requirements. - perhaps the .zip will answer this for me.

Once again many thanks