Unhappy Unanswered: Lytec Pervasive ODBC error

My coldfusion web application would like to access and modify the Pervasive database from the Lytec Medical XE. I have successfully downloaded the DataDirect ODBC driver, connect to the Pervasive DB, and create a System DSN called ‘LytecTutor’. By using the ‘LytecTutor’, I am able to create an MSAccess file and link all tables from the Pervasive DB to the MSAccess file, and modify the table content.

However, I got error everytimes I called the ‘LytecTutor’ DSN from the ColdFusion code as follow:

<cfquery datasource="LytecTutor" name="test" >
    SELECT State FROM Patient

Error Diagnostic Information
    ODBC Error Code = IM003 (Specified driver could not be loaded)
    Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (DataDirect 4.2 Btrieve (*.dta)).
    Data Source = "LYTECTUTOR"

I am sure that the ODBC works fine, because I can access and import the Pervasive DB from MSAccess and SQL server. I have put the ‘D:\Program Files\DataDirect\ODBC42\Drivers’ into System path already. Sounds like the ColdFusion server unable to load the DataDirect driver.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Thanks so much, if you can help. I have worked on this problem for three days already.

Gilbert Lee

Provided Answers: 4
    The system error 126 means: "The specified module could not be found."
    So what your saying is correct. ColdFusion seems to be having problems finding the DLL. Make sure that ColdFusion is pointing to the right location if it's got a setting for the driver itself.
    You might also consider posting this in a ColdFusion forum.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.