Unanswered: Stored Procedures

Hi,
    I Want know, what exactly are the pre requisites for accessing a Stored Procedure from an Application. Can someone help me out with reagrds to how a Stored Procedure Name is formed, What are the tables on which we need to have an entry and how do we get authorized to call a stored procedure?

Provided Answers: 5
    The Stored Procedure name is formed just like any other object in the database. It has a qualifier (schema) and its name. The Stored Procedures are in the system catalog and are maintained automatically by the database whenever they are created or dropped, so you do not need to know anything specific about how they are entered int the tables. To get authorized to call a Stored Procedure, you must be given the EXECUTE privilege. Look at the GRANT statement to see the proper way to to this. How it is called form the Application depends on the language the Application is written in.

HTH

Andy

SYSCAT.PROCEDURES is the catalog view you will have to look for information ...
    SYSCAT.PROCPARMS (have I spelt is right?) is another view ...

If you are on V8,

SYSCAT.ROUTINES and SYSCAT.ROUTINEPARMS will have the information

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by ARWinner
    The Stored Procedure name is formed just like any other object in the database. It has a qualifier (schema) and its name. The Stored Procedures are in the system catalog and are maintained automatically by the database whenever they are created or dropped, so you do not need to know anything specific about how they are entered int the tables. To get authorized to call a Stored Procedure, you must be given the EXECUTE privilege. Look at the GRANT statement to see the proper way to to this. How it is called form the Application depends on the language the Application is written in.

HTH

Andy
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.