Thread: MySQL for PDA

Unanswered: MySQL for PDA

Hello All,

I would want to setup the 'Query Processing' module of the MySQL database that is compatible with hand held devices (PDA). Does there exist a version of MySQL that works in PDA's? Please let me know if you have across any other open source database that works with PDAs.

Thanks,
    Student.

Re: MySQL for PDA

Originally posted by padm2016
    Hello All,

I would want to setup the 'Query Processing' module of the MySQL database that is compatible with hand held devices (PDA). Does there exist a version of MySQL that works in PDA's? Please let me know if you have across any other open source database that works with PDAs.

Thanks,
    Student.
    Hi ,,,,,

Go to Microsoft.com
    and in downloads for pocket pc you will find sql for Pocket pc

this downlaod will only work if you have pocket pc and not PalmOS

hope it works for ya

[i]
    The problem of course is that there's no "standard PDA." Although Microsoft would like for there to be, the most commonly deployed device is still Palm.

And either way, I think you're stretching realism pretty darned hard if you expect a PDA-sized device to support something like mySQL, or any other SQL database ... realistically speaking. These computers are designed to be compact, cool (to the touch), and low-power. They're great for extracting data and working with while you walk (thunk!! ouch!) ;p But "no matter what the salesman may tell you," it doesn't pay to push the limits.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Thanks for your information.

I had recently found a open source project called 'DALP (Database access libraries for PDA)' that acts as a client for the MySQL database server that exist in the usual workstation.

This acts much like a query processor, using which queries can be fired from the PDA to the database server to get appropriate results.

The problem with Miscrosoft SQL as suggested Mr. Jinesh is that it isnt a open source project.

I hope this info might be helpful for someone in the future.
    Thanks,
    Prasanna

MySQL Client module in PDA ?

Hello,

I found a module called 'Client' in MySQL 4.0.16 package. I understand that this module is used to "connect to the database server , fire a query, get results".

I would like to know if I could run this client module(ONLY this module) to run in PDA's. (Palm/Pocket PC). This means the PDA's which has the client module can connect to a MySQL database server and get the required results.

Thanks,
    Student.

Any other options besides than 'DALP (Database access libraries for PDA)' ?

Exclamation DALP and EVC++

Hi,
    I'm newbie programming embedded devices, I have downloaded Dalp libraries: precompiled libraries DalpMySql.dll and DalpMySql.lib
    Does anybody knows how to create a project with dalp support in Embedded visual C++? Please can you send my an example or a link with example source code?