Question Unanswered: Any dos program to convert MDB to TXT ?

Hi,

Any expert knows how to convert a .MDB file to a .TXT file in dos mode ? (or convert .MDB to .DBF)

Because I have a batch daily job in dos mode to do many tasks (ftp between UNIX and Windows, convert file formats....), I need a program to automatically convert .MDB to .TXT instead of manually doing it everyday.

Someone told me even if I wrote a VB program, it could not run in DOS but only Windows. I don't know. If anybody has VB or other programs to achieve this, please kindly share with me !

Thanks for the help in advance !

BR,
    Susan
    Last edited by similee; 10-20-03 at 06:34.

Re: Any dos program to convert MDB to TXT ?

Originally posted by similee
    Any expert knows how to convert a .MDB file to a .TXT file in dos mode ? (or convert .MDB to .DBF)

Because I have a batch daily job in dos mode to do many tasks (ftp between UNIX and Windows, convert file formats....), I need a program to automatically convert .MDB to .TXT instead of manually doing it everyday.

Someone told me even if I wrote a VB program, it could not run in DOS but only Windows. I don't know. If anybody has VB or other programs to achieve this, please kindly share with me !
    I do not know of any DOS-mode programs that would understand an MDB. I do believe that there's a forum on SourceForge for understanding the MDB file-format.

Could you run the scheduled job in a Windows environment?
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Talking

Hi, Sundialsvcs :

There are many dos commands and programs involved (most of them belongs to other colleagues) in our schedule job, so maybe I'll have to think over a method to separate this conversion under Windows from current tasks.

Thanks a lot !