Question Unanswered: Any DOS program to convert MDB to TXT ?

Hi,

Any expert knows how to convert a .MDB file to a .TXT file in dos mode ? (or convert .MDB to .DBF)

Because I have a batch daily job in dos mode to do many tasks (ftp between UNIX and Windows, convert file formats....), I need a program to automatically convert .MDB to .TXT instead of manually doing it everyday.

Someone told me even if I wrote a VB program, it could not run in DOS but only Windows. I don't know. If anybody has VB or other programs to achieve this, please kindly share with me !

Thanks for the help in advance !

BR,
    Susan

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't know such program in DOS, but you can write a VB Code to export all your tables in .txt format or .csv, then you can use it in your Unix or per FTP.

You can use something like this

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , urTable ,urPath & urExportFileName & ".txt", True

True means first line has the fields names

Have nice time

again:

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , cmbo_PartExportTable & txt_PartExportTable_Suffix, txt_PartExport_Path & txt_PartExport_fName & ".txt", chk_1stLine

Question

Hi, hammbakka :

If I complete the VB source codes and make them into a .EXE file, is it executable in DOS mode ? Because system will start my daily.bat in DOS to do many things including converting .MDB to .TXT, and do some other things further based on these .TXT files.

Many thanks for your information !

BR,
    Susan

Provided Answers: 1
    No, this .exe file will run only under Windows.

By the way do u have this progarm to convert Access to .exe? I think it is Access developer Edition. Isn't it?

Talking

Hi, hammbakka :

In fact I have not yet developed such a program because my PC has problems now.

My first idea about this issue is to create a VB progarm (not Access) to read a .MDB file and write a .TXT file. If it can only run under Windows, then I'll also have to adjust the sequence of current tasks in DOS batch.

Anyway, thanks a lot !