Unanswered: How to export Tables from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 8i

I have my database in MS SQL Server 2000, I want to export all the tables with data's to Oracle 8i.

First I tried with export Utility in SQL Server 2000, Where I had a login called "Testing". And I created the same login Name("Testing") in Oracle 8i also, I gave all the Privileges to that Testing Login in Oracle.

I exported through export Utility in SQL Server 2000 to Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle, providing the login as "Testing", password as "testing". After Completion, it said Exported 145 tables from SQL SERVER 2000 to Oracle.

But when I passed a query in Oralce "Select * from emp_Master", it gave error message " No Table or Views found",
    But When I asked for total tables "Select * from tab" , it displayed all 145 table with same name as how it was in SQL Server 2000.

I don't know what is the error, Is there any other method to export the SQL SERVER 2000 tables to Oracle.

Thank you.

Re: How to export Tables from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 8i

Did you grant select rights to the user by whom name you've tried to execute the select?

Balage

Originally posted by sendkgp
    I have my database in MS SQL Server 2000, I want to export all the tables with data's to Oracle 8i.

First I tried with export Utility in SQL Server 2000, Where I had a login called "Testing". And I created the same login Name("Testing") in Oracle 8i also, I gave all the Privileges to that Testing Login in Oracle.

I exported through export Utility in SQL Server 2000 to Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle, providing the login as "Testing", password as "testing". After Completion, it said Exported 145 tables from SQL SERVER 2000 to Oracle.

But when I passed a query in Oralce "Select * from emp_Master", it gave error message " No Table or Views found",
    But When I asked for total tables "Select * from tab" , it displayed all 145 table with same name as how it was in SQL Server 2000.

I don't know what is the error, Is there any other method to export the SQL SERVER 2000 tables to Oracle.

Thank you.