Thread: Formulas

Unanswered: Formulas

Hi could someone help witht his complicated task i have.

I have two spreadsheets. I want a formula so when i update one spreadsheet the other spreadsheet gets updated too at the same time. I also want it so that i can sort the fields and the information will stay with a room number. i also want it so i do the formula for one field and then i can drag it down and the formula wil take place for the rest of them. If u can help please help

kind regards skaife_J

Re: Formulas

Record a Marco

Originally posted by skaife_J
    Hi could someone help witht his complicated task i have.

I have two spreadsheets. I want a formula so when i update one spreadsheet the other spreadsheet gets updated too at the same time. I also want it so that i can sort the fields and the information will stay with a room number. i also want it so i do the formula for one field and then i can drag it down and the formula wil take place for the rest of them. If u can help please help

kind regards skaife_J

Re: Formulas

I have two spreadsheets. I want a formula so when i update one spreadsheet the other spreadsheet gets updated too at the same time.

Click the cell in the second spreadsheet where you want the valued to be entered. type = then click back to the first sheet and select the cell required then hit Return. You'll end up with a formulae something like -

=Sheet1!A4

Change the original and the second sheet will automatically change.

I also want it so that i can sort the fields and the information will stay with a room number.

Select all the rows and columns together then sort by the appropriate column. This will keep the data for each row together.

i also want it so i do the formula for one field and then i can drag it down and the formula wil take place for the rest of them.

Select the cell - a box will appear around it. At the bottom corner of the box is a small balck square - position the mouse over it and the cursor will turn into a thin + sign - drag up or down or across and the formula will be copied. It will change the cell refeences unless you use the $x$y in the original (as appropriate)