Unanswered: Seeking the FULL-TEXT Master...

I have a SQL 2K db running on a remote co-located box as well as a nightly replication of it locally. Part of the application involves a lot of ad-hoc user searches, and I'm using the Full Text search capabilites to do this as efficiently as possible.

Here's the problem: I'm getting different results with searches from the remote DB and the local copy using the CONTAINS criteria. I can run the same application code and point to the different DB's, and get different results. This happens with completely identical data, using identical stored procedures.

Example:
    SQL: SELECT foo FROM productTable WHERE CONTAINS (productCode, '"FSB 5000*"')

This gets 9 results in my local copy but no results in the remote version. I've rebuilt identical indexs in both, and the same thing happens both servers are Windows 2000 with the latest service packs, both OS and SQL Server.

Are there settings related to the Full Text search capability that I may have set up differently between SQL installs? This is driving me nuts, any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by EyePulp; 10-21-03 at 12:22.