Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 Connection failure

I am experiencing the following erros while trying to log-into the Sql 2000 DB on Win-2003 Server.
    At a given point of time only one users is allowed to log in and we
    are getting the following errors :

Connection failed:
    SQLState : '01000'
    SQL Server Error:232
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen
    {PreLoginHandshake()}
    Connection failed:
    SQLState:'08001'
    SQL Server Error:11
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error.Check your
    network documentation.

I have check the SQL-Server properties and set the Authenticatiion to mixed mode (Win Nt and SQL server). Also I have intalled the latest Service Pack SP-3 . But even then i am encountering the above error.

How to rectify this issue. Can anyone please reply immediately.

Regards,
    Madhavan Raghavan

Question

How are you establishing the connection? Is it, for example, NetBEUI? If so you might have to issue a NET USE command first.

I'm not keen on this but I do have several lumps on my forehead from banging my head against it, and this is more or less what it turned out to be.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

You may want to check the server settings and see what protocols you are using. Also check to see if you database is not in single user mode.

SQL Connection Problem

Hello,

AS far as the explore is concerned we are able to share directories between the server and work station. The problem is only through SQL. We we try to create ODBC from the first client it is going throuhg. Next when we try from the second clinet it hangs as the Server is not visible in the wizard and it is incomplete. After disconnecting the first client and trying in second client again it work. So at a given point of time only one user is able to log-inot the DB /Company.

Server settings

Regarding creaton of users both in Win and SQL is successfully done and we have open 3 users login.

Still at a given point of time only one user is able to log-in and all the 3 users are not able to work simultaneously with DB.

Please let me know if you have a solution.

You may want to check the server settings and see what protocols you are using.

These are the database server settings, not the O/S settings. There's a server configuration utlity - check that.