Unanswered: Restoring a database w/o sysadm in DB2 v5

Hi.

I'm having problems to restore a database. Looks like the former db administrator didn't leave all passwords documented. Thogh I'm not the DB admin, I must restore a DB I recently backed up (from that same machine). When restoring, I get error 28000, invalid authorization id.

Some technical details: IBM DB2 v5. I assume no FixPacks applied.

The performed backup was an offline backup. I'm currently logging in as a user name ADM which can do anything to the database, but apparently is not SYSADM.

I have administrator privileges on the computer, so I think I could work around it in some way.

I tried creating a new group with all privileges. I set sysadm_group to that group and set the ADM user to that group under NT with no luck.

Since I don't really know DB2, I don't know what other info could be helpful to you.

You might try db2admin or db2adm as authorization id's. You will have to guess on the password.

Thanks. I tried it with no luck.

Since I have physical access to the computer with Administrator privileges, do you know if there is any way to bypass DB2's security?

It is likely that one of the Wndows id's with administrator privledge is the same as used for DB2 sysadm. Unless of course, the id's and passwords were changed.

I don't know of anyway to bypass DB2 security, but maybe someone else does. If version 5 was still supported by IBM, you could have called them, but it is no longer supported.