Unanswered: Oracle 9i Firewall issue

Here's a scenario I may be running into soon and wanted to get some feedback.

I have clients at one site behind a firewall that may need to access an Oracle 9i server at a different site behind another firewall. So two locations, (1) one server with firewall, (2) multiple clients with firewall.

I haven't used Oracle 9i much at all but I remember from 8i that the server listens on 1521 but responds to the client on a random high port.

If this is still the case I don't see how I can get responses past the firewall at my remote client location.

Is there a way to lock the client port to be specific for routing purposes and if I can do this will it limit the number of remote client connections I can have?

Any info you can provide is appreciated, I just need to get thinking about this.

Reading, UK
    This should only be an issue if you have either Windows NT based database server or you are using MTS.

For NT you need to set the USE_SHARED_SOCKET in the registry.

For MTS specify the port id directly in init.ora

Logon to metalink and find note : 125021.1 for more info

We are using NT and potentially Win2k on the server side. Clients are Win2k Pro.

I don't have a login to metalink but I have looked around for other references to theat article and have found some good info.

Thanks for you help and I am going to try to get the info I need to register for metalink.

As you have probably guessed I am not a DBA and this thing has just been thrown at me.

Found this in another guy's post as well

Init.ora contains the following entry

mts_dispatchers= ... port=8000) (5 dispatchers)

In this scenario i see the designated port as you stated, also there is the dispatchers entry, what exactly is this saying?
    I understand that the Oracle Listener spawns dispatchers to manage connections to clients so my assumption is that this allows 5 clients to maintain connections at a time, all on port 8000. Can you tell me if this is correct?

Also do you know how many dispatchers I can have on one port?
    and whether I can specify multiple ports for mts_dispatchers to increase the number of client connections?