Lightbulb Unanswered: Disappearing Access Records

I'm having a problem with one of my sites loosing random records in an access database. Some of the tables loose all of their records, some loose all but one, and others don't loose any. The only ASP code accesssing the database is a simply querry to display the contents of the table when a visitor comes along.

For example, when I visit the "Museums" page, I access the lookup_museums table in database. One day, there are 15 records, the next day there is only one... nobody has touched the database! It happens intermittantly. The site might run fine for a month and then the problem crops up every 3 days and goes away.

Its accessed using a ODBC/DSN connection. Could there be some settings in this connection that is causing the problem, or could it be errant ASP queries that are causing records to be deleted?

Signed, "pounding my head on this one"

Re: Disappearing Access Records

Originally posted by mbeasley
    I'm having a problem with one of my sites loosing random records in an access database. Some of the tables loose all of their records, some loose all but one, and others don't loose any. The only ASP code accesssing the database is a simply querry to display the contents of the table when a visitor comes along.

For example, when I visit the "Museums" page, I access the lookup_museums table in database. One day, there are 15 records, the next day there is only one... nobody has touched the database! It happens intermittantly. The site might run fine for a month and then the problem crops up every 3 days and goes away.

Its accessed using a ODBC/DSN connection. Could there be some settings in this connection that is causing the problem, or could it be errant ASP queries that are causing records to be deleted?

Signed, "pounding my head on this one"
    I've had a somewhat similar problem but not exactly the same problem as you. I noticed that when I FTP downloaded a Web database that the records and even the filestamp date were old.

The answer to this one was to do a Refresh from within my FTP software. Other than that I've never really heard of the exact problem you were describing but good luck...
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips