Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ftp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    83

    Question Unanswered: Ftp

    Can somebody give me a complete picture about FTP task by VB or SQL SERVER 2000?I need to know every step.I have to do FTP task accross teo,three countries.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    212

    Re: Ftp

    Originally posted by subhasishray
    Can somebody give me a complete picture about FTP task by VB or SQL SERVER 2000?I need to know every step.I have to do FTP task accross teo,three countries.
    if u want to send or recieve file using FTP in a DTS package or using ActiveX script look at the attached files
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    212

    Re: Ftp

    Originally posted by vmlal
    if u want to send or recieve file using FTP in a DTS package or using ActiveX script look at the attached files
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    136
    if the FTP does not complete, network issue lets say? will the procedure end up as a failure or as a success?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    212
    Originally posted by rohitkumar
    if the FTP does not complete, network issue lets say? will the procedure end up as a failure or as a success?
    Success i think but the downloaded file will be incomplete and there is no way to find that out. Unless you know the exact size of the file u r downloading and once it has been downloaed u check if the file downloaded is the correct size.

    I have had this kinda problem where the FTP file transfer does not complete but the FTP session times - out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •