Thread: Iis & Vs.net

Unhappy Unanswered: Iis & Vs.net

This is a weird question, and I think it might have something to do with my SQL server.
    I am running SQL server 2000 Developer Edition on XP pro, and now have been trying to instal VS.Net 2003, yet when I try to install, the installer disk tells me I dont have IIS and FPSE running and configured on my computer... I run through the steps given and IIS still doesn't appear in "Computer Mangaement". The "Inetpub" is on my C: drive, but http://localhost doesnt exist.
    I figure it has something to do with my SQL server but I don't know what to do. I need to be able to create Web projects on my computer with VS.NET.
    Should I uninstal SQL Server? Do I do this in the registry? Should I instal VS.Net anyway? Do I reformat my hard drive and start from scratch?

Any help will be unbelieveably appreciated, time is short and I'm going nuts.

Your PWS (Personal IIS) is not running. Start the service and/or check to see if you have the service installed at all.

There is no PWS for XP Pro, or rather IIS is the PWS. I followed the simple instructions found everywhere online and on the vs.net CD. Nothing. IIS still doesn't appear under Administrative Tools. I can't figure out why.

*chucks computer out 2nd story window*

ok never mind

I went and uninstalled it fully and installed it again, I did this like 3 times over the past week, but last night it actually took. huh. If I wasn't so happy it was running I would be pissed that it was so tempermental.

Now all I have to do is create a webservice, and database in time to turn in for my midterm next monday. wish me luck!