Question Unanswered: DB2 Client Configuration File

I am just getting started with DB2. I am interested in knowing what the configuration flat file is (if any) that stores all the connection information that is entered in the CCA utility. In Oracle, this file would be called tnsnames.ora.

Thank you..

Todd

Re: DB2 Client Configuration File

Originally posted by toddtrues
    I am just getting started with DB2. I am interested in knowing what the configuration flat file is (if any) that stores all the connection information that is entered in the CCA utility. In Oracle, this file would be called tnsnames.ora.

Thank you..

Todd
    Tod,

there is not a flat file with connetivity info like Oracle in DB2, most of the time you will have to configure your DB2 connect or java JDBC with information that your DBA will give you or in your case you will have to check your DB and DBM configuration parameters to find out.
    for example :
    if you are to use the CLI connection setup , use the Client configuration assistant to create a DSN name then if you are to use a java app against the database you can use the following parameters

driver will be COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
    jdbc:db2:<DSNName>

my 2 cents

marcos oliva

To get similar info in "text" that tnsnames.ora would give you look at the following commands:

db2 list node directory [show details]
    db2 list database directory [show details]