Unanswered: Enterprise manager settings migration??

Anyone knows if it is at all possible to Copy or Move the Server Registered under EM to another machine ?

Thanks

Re: Enterprise manager settings migration??

Originally posted by aashu
    Anyone knows if it is at all possible to Copy or Move the Server Registered under EM to another machine ?

Thanks
    but if have the registered server on ur EM then u can just use that to register the same servers on another instance of EM... or you could get the information for the server from the Client Network Utility: ipaddresses, servername etc.

I know

I am aware of that . Doing for 50 Servers will be a nightmare .. So , back to the question again , is there some ini file or EM setup file I could move over?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 11
    I know the information about registered servers is in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\microsoft sql server\80\tools\sqlew\registeredservers x

You should be able to export this key with regedt32. If you use regedit, you may only get the directory structure, and none of the data. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thats what I was looking for !

Provided Answers: 11
    The same information is in HKEY_USERS\... But you have to guess at what your NT SID is. This is probably the more definitive place to get and store the information, as I think HKEY_CURRENT_USER is cleared when you log out.

As always, modifying your registry can have dire consequences, yadda, yadda, yadda.