Question Unanswered: Securing an Access DB through VB

I am trying to determine a way to secure an 2000 Access DB through VB (not VBA) so that when the VB application is opened it prompts the user for a password. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Question Re: Securing an Access DB through VB

Originally posted by mc14702
    I am trying to determine a way to secure an 2000 Access DB through VB (not VBA) so that when the VB application is opened it prompts the user for a password. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Are you trying to hook up to an Access database using a separate VB program?
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Lightbulb

What you need to do is to simply "secure" the database so that a password is required to open it.

When the VB program starts, it prompts the user for a password and supplies that password as a parameter when making the database connection. It does not rely upon the connection-attempt to initiate the password prompt, but does so itself.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Re: Securing an Access DB through VB

Manage the access inside VB code.

Originally posted by mc14702

Re: Securing an Access DB through VB

Originally posted by basicmek
    Are you trying to hook up to an Access database using a separate VB program?
    I have already hooked up to the database through a separate VB program. It is already in production and working fine, but our technology security team would like it to be password protected so that if someone were to get into the users computer and try and open the database itself, it would prompt for a password. However, I need to do this through the separate VB program.

Thanks!

I have already hooked up to the database through a separate VB program. It is already in production and working fine, but our technology security team would like it to be password protected so that if someone were to get into the users computer and try and open the database itself, it would prompt for a password. However, I need to do this through the separate VB program.
    Then set the password in the database and in the VB app, code the same password into the connection string to that DB ...