Unanswered: A username that discourages people looking what's inside

Hi, I want to create a internal DBA user that nobody would notice. I already have a list of 7 or 8 users for the database.

I am thinking of naming it 'sys' + something, but that sounds too important.

Random charaters like 'KERWST' looks suspicious. I am sure if anyone sees it, they will take a look to see what the account does.

How about something like 'temp', will you go take a look to see what's inside if you see that name?

Any hints appreciated!

How about UNOLOOK?
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

temp

temptables sounds good. I think no matter what you name it someone will try to look, if they can get into that user, just for the fun of it.
    Michellea Southern-David

Re: A username that discourages people looking what's inside

How about something like 'temp', will you go take a look to see what's inside if you see that name?

If I can see a list of names and I'm bored or malicious then "I'll try them." The key is to make darned sure I can't succeed.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

hi,

what is the use of creating a username 'nobody will suspect'. I think that is of no use. Just use a normal name like scott and give it really goed password.

Hope this helps
    Edwin van Hattem
    OCP DBA / System analyst

but other users of the same database can still see the contents of the tables owned by this user, as long as they have read priviledge on the tablespace. I don't want them to poke around, if possible.

maybe I should use a differenct tablespace(will that work?), but I am afraid I might screw something up. Still a newbie here.

Ok what I did was: I created a user called 'temp' under one of the testing databases. I will create scripts generating the tables on the fly(possibly automate this step) from now on. Then after testing, i drop all the tables. Of course, save any changes to the data beforehand.

This is a temporary solution though.
    Last edited by mongoloid001; 10-23-03 at 11:51.