Unanswered: Using stored procedure sp_helpuser in a triggers

Hi,

I would like to create a trigger and using the stored procedure sp_helpuser. The reason is that I want to pass the role to this stored procedure so it gives me the list of users in that role. And so,
    with that list of users, I want to check with the triggers if the user added is in that list. The problem is that the sp_helpuser stored procedure returns me a bool and output the results... What I would like is to "save" the output in a variable so I can use and compare it to the inserted table...

I would like to know if that solution is possible and if not, is there any better solution.

Thanks!

Thumbs up OK here

Create table tmp(Username varchar(50),GroupName varchar(50), LoginName Varchar(50),DefDbName varchar(60), userid int, SID varbinary)

INSERT tmp Exec sp_helpuser

Now you have the fields from sp_helpuser proc . I am not sure on what you plan on doing with trigger . A trigger won't fire unless data changes on a table

Re: OK here

Ok, I've tried it and it's working perfectly... Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by aashu
    Create table tmp(Username varchar(50),GroupName varchar(50), LoginName Varchar(50),DefDbName varchar(60), userid int, SID varbinary)

INSERT tmp Exec sp_helpuser

Now you have the fields from sp_helpuser proc . I am not sure on what you plan on doing with trigger . A trigger won't fire unless data changes on a table