Question Unanswered: Merging data fields

I need to start by saying I'm a real beginner to Access 2000...I have been trying to figure out how to merge several pieces of data into one spot in a Word 2000 document.

I received this project this year from a huge spreadsheet and have converted it to an Access database. Can a list (or history) be merged into a Word document into a specific box/area? Here is what I have in an auction database:

I have a main table (Donors)
    table for 2000 donations
    table for 2001 donations
    table for 2002 donations
    table for 2003 donations

I need to create a document that not only holds all the contact information for each donor but also lists each donor's history into a specific place on my Word document. Does anyone have any ideas? Although I have a few ideas, I don't know where to start to develop this merge/report.

Any help will be much appreciated!

either create a Donations table and append all records from the other tables there using an append query

or

use a union query as the source for a report:

select * from Donations2000

Union All

select * from Donations2001

union all

The second option will work only if the table structure for all donation tables is the same

JMR,

Good thought...it hadn't occurred to me to think in terms of your #1 option since I didn't want to have to throw all the data together. When I received all the data, it was in a spreadsheet. I spent several hours breaking it into separate years.

I guess this could be a good option if I'm never going to use this data except for a history report. I'll see if I can work it along those lines tonight. Some of my older data (2000 & 1999) was imported into tables that are NOT the same as the 2001-2003 tables so I don't think option #2 is feasible.

Since I am not totally familiar with all the terms yet, I'll look into an append query as I used a cut-paste schema to initially break up the data and put into the separate tables.

Thanks. If there is anything else you think I can do or try, that would be super!

You can still use the second option. Just replace the * with the names of the columns that are in all tables.