Unanswered: Searching on multiple columns and displaying in a grid

Hi,

I've been playing around with VB6 and DAO/ADO, trying to work out how to easily search on multiple columns. It's a pain, to say the least. I've been able to make applications that can go one-by-one through Access 97 databases, and to search on single columns and go one-by-one through the results, but I need to be able to refine the searches more than that and make searching and displaying of the results a lot easier.

Does anyone know of a few good tutorials (preferably with downloadable projects) that show how to search on multiple columns using either VB6 or Delphi and an Access 97 or dBASE V database? VB6 doesn't seem to work with anything newer than Access 97 :\

I'd also like to be able to display the output in a grid (like a spreadsheet), any links to tutorials for this in either language?

I've never worked with Delphi before, but given a good tutorial that shows exaclty how to do what I want, it shouldn't be hard for me to pick up.

I can do what I want in PHP/MySQL, but I want to be able to distribute the whole project on CD and I need some help in order to do that

Dr. Bongoots
    Last edited by Dr. Bongoots; 10-23-03 at 08:38.