Red face Unanswered: text breaks appearing on web

I have a database that I am displaying on the web using CDML which I use to collect lesson plans from teachers. Some of them copy and past text into a field and then submit the lesson.

When you go back to view the lesson online, for some reason text breaks are included so that the text does not wrap naturally.

The only way you can tell that there is a problem is if your screen resolution is set to 600 x 800, if your browswer window is small, or if you print.

When I look at the data in the database, it looks as though two spaces were entered and that is what is causing the problem. If I take out both of the spaces and then put in one space, the problem is solved.

Any ideas for replacing all of the double spaces with single spaces? Any way to stop this problem from happening in the first place?

Re: text breaks appearing on web

I can help replacing all the double spaces with single space...

Show all the records you want to fix.

Using "Replace using calculated results."
    Paste the following:

Substitute (Field, " ", " ")

Replace. Done.

Originally posted by llary
    I have a database that I am displaying on the web using CDML which I use to collect lesson plans from teachers. Some of them copy and past text into a field and then submit the lesson.

When you go back to view the lesson online, for some reason text breaks are included so that the text does not wrap naturally.

The only way you can tell that there is a problem is if your screen resolution is set to 600 x 800, if your browswer window is small, or if you print.

When I look at the data in the database, it looks as though two spaces were entered and that is what is causing the problem. If I take out both of the spaces and then put in one space, the problem is solved.

Any ideas for replacing all of the double spaces with single spaces? Any way to stop this problem from happening in the first place?