Unanswered: ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

I am trying to access an Oracle view via a SQL Server Enterprise Manager 2000 linked server. The linked server connects to the Oracle server fine. I am able to create a successful result set.

When I atempt to save the successful query, the following error message is displayed in SQL Server:

ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB provider returned message:
    [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Driver not capable]
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL'ITransactionJoi JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Re: ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

Originally posted by nulad
    When I atempt to save the successful query, the following error message is displayed in SQL Server:
    What does that mean? Save a query? This isn't Access....
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

When I attempted to save the View in SQL Server I received the error message.

Do you have the opportunity to preview it? If you do, paste the generated script here. I never knew you could use Enterprise manager with other databases. That might have something to do with it.
    I love animals. They're delicious.