Unanswered: MS Access Export to .xls

I am a very beginner when it comes to VB coding and am looking for some sample source on how to export a table from MS Access to a spread sheet that can be eventually imported back into the same database. Can anyone please help???

Re: MS Access Export to .xls

Use "Analyse it with MS Excel" menu on your menubar. Alternately you can right click on your table and select "Export" option. Make sure to pick file type as *.xls.

Originally posted by Roger5755
    I am a very beginner when it comes to VB coding and am looking for some sample source on how to export a table from MS Access to a spread sheet that can be eventually imported back into the same database. Can anyone please help???

Thanks anyway

I am looking for sample "source code" to do this so I can create a button to automatically export all tables to spread sheets with the same name but with a .xls extension. I already know how to export tables manually.

Version of Access? 2000 doesn't have the Excel references as part of the standard package ... 2002 does ( you can export/create/whatever programmatically) ...

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

You can create a command button an paste the next code as it click event:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, yourExportTableName , acFormatXLS, path & ExportedName & ".xls"

Ahh...
    yes you can easily import access database in excel sheet with same database by
    Access To Excel Easy Converter For Fruitful Results in SQL, JavaScript