This is kind of like working with XML with the end tags missing. In VBA, I would read the file line by line and check out what was up to the colon. The data after the colon would get stored into the appropriate variable and next time it hit a Name, I would write the record to the database, clear the variables and continue with the next record.
If name isn't always the first line or some colons are missing, then this will not work. You would have to trap those errors.
- know how to use vba
- know how to read line by line from a text file
- know how to use instr to find the colon
- know how to use mid to extract data after the colon
- know how to insert into a recordset or run an insert query from code
If you need help with any of the above, and help is not helpful enough, let us know where you got stuck. I hope this is a one time job...
* Try to read line by line, searching the [:] or any other char. that is in
every line and separates the Field Name form the Data, then you will
be able to read the Field names, the data, number of Records and
* Write the Field Names
* In another loop you can write your data separated with any separator.