Wink Unanswered: Problem with db2prep command not found

Hi All,

I have a problem with SQLC COMPILATION , our developers they are trying to use db2prep mysql.sqC while issuing this command they are getting error "command is not supported to this environment"
    db21051e

I have tried with issuing db2iupdt <instance name>, db2stop, db2start, still i am having same problem.
    I checked the file db2sdk.lvl file under cfg directory but i am not seeing this file.

how I can check in my linux box whether SDK is installed or not or how i can resolve this issues for our developers.

We are running v8.1 in linux box.

Thanks n advance
    Muthu.

[

Re: Problem with db2prep command not found

The absence of db2sdk.lvl indicates that you did not install the application development client ...

Installing the app dev client will solve the issue

Sathyaram

Originally posted by nmkumaran
    Hi All,

I have a problem with SQLC COMPILATION , our developers they are trying to use db2prep mysql.sqC while issuing this command they are getting error "command is not supported to this environment"
    db21051e

I have tried with issuing db2iupdt <instance name>, db2stop, db2start, still i am having same problem.
    I checked the file db2sdk.lvl file under cfg directory but i am not seeing this file.

how I can check in my linux box whether SDK is installed or not or how i can resolve this issues for our developers.

We are running v8.1 in linux box.

Thanks n advance
    Muthu.

[
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thumbs up Re: Problem with db2prep command not found

Thanks a lot, problem is resolved.
    Yes u'r right, they installed wrong client version, now we installed remote db2 client, now db2 prep is working fine.

now i am seeing db2adcl.lvl and db2rtcl.lvl under cfg, now db2 prep is working, but still we didn't install sdk client and i didn''t see the db2sdk.lvl file under cfg directory.

i am wondering, how the db2 prep is working without db2sdk.lvl.

how i can see, what are the db2 software installed in linux box"
    is any db2 command available to see the software installed with db2
    or any db2 directory available to see all db2 software which installed in linux box, we are version 8.1

thanks in advance again

muthu

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    The absence of db2sdk.lvl indicates that you did not install the application development client ...

Installing the app dev client will solve the issue

Sathyaram