Thread: Server Problems

Unanswered: Server Problems

I work for a small business and as part of our operation we need to download our complete client database from a network server to a lap-top computer for use out of hours. I understand that I will need a stan-alone server to do this and that some sort of 'card' is required to dump the information. I have no idea beyond that what I am talking about so if anyone can help, please bear in mind that I am a computer dunce and need as many diagrams as possible.

Thanks.

Lightbulb Re: Server Problems

Originally posted by ukl
    I work for a small business and as part of our operation we need to download our complete client database from a network server to a lap-top computer for use out of hours. I understand that I will need a stan-alone server to do this and that some sort of 'card' is required to dump the information. I have no idea beyond that what I am talking about so if anyone can help, please bear in mind that I am a computer dunce and need as many diagrams as possible.

Thanks.
    For this I'd setup the database to use replication. Thus reducing the possibilty of errors and always ensuring the information is up to date.