Unanswered: Access 2000 Locked table from H**L

Hi all ...

Maybe somebody out there has a way to get this fixed ... I have a DB that 2 tables have locks on them ... I'm trying to clear them ... I copied the table so there's no .ldb file and right now the compact & repair is hanging ... I can't even copy out the tables to a new DB ... Any ideas on how I can get these tables back up and running?
    Last edited by M Owen; 10-24-03 at 14:39.

Is it possible to reboot to clear the locks then try repairing?
    Is this in a production or development environment?
    Do you have a backup?
    Does it matter if data is lost?

Re: Access 2000 Locked table from H**L

This has happended to me also in the past. Try rebooting the pc which has the DB or try a free utility to see who has locked the tables.
    Compact and Repair surely won't help you at all..

Originally posted by M Owen
    Hi all ...

Maybe somebody out there has a way to get this fixed ... I have a DB that 2 tables have locks on them ... I'm trying to clear them ... I copied the table so there's no .ldb file and right now the compact & repair is hanging ... I can't even copy out the tables to a new DB ... Any ideas on how I can get these tables back up and running?

I got it solved ... Not to my satisfaction tho ... I had to go to a backup copy (and yes data was lost) ... I ended up doing a C & R on that and once all the clients were out deleted the corrupt DB and replaced it ... I think I had a lock collision within a transaction in 1 table ... It thoroughly trashed it beyond repair ... Rebooting is not/was not an option. THe server is remote over a ISDN ... Ah, the joys of consulting ...