Unanswered: Installing 9.4 on XP pro

I have tried installing twice.. The server starts up and everything is fine, I can dbaccess, run queries and everything from command line.

When trying to access using the Ilogin demo I get an SQL code -1829.
    Using DBping I can retrieve information using service name, service port 1526, ping by hostname, ping by address, these work fine. Using native ping I get sqlcode -1829. If I select native connect and click lookup, I get "Informix Server servername not found in registry" even though I see it under SQLHOSTS.

Anything I try and connect with gets the -1829. Is it even possible to install on XP? Any ideas what is going on? Thanks!

Re: Installing 9.4 on XP pro

Originally posted by Argblarg
    I have tried installing twice.. The server starts up and everything is fine, I can dbaccess, run queries and everything from command line.

When trying to access using the Ilogin demo I get an SQL code -1829.
    Using DBping I can retrieve information using service name, service port 1526, ping by hostname, ping by address, these work fine. Using native ping I get sqlcode -1829. If I select native connect and click lookup, I get "Informix Server servername not found in registry" even though I see it under SQLHOSTS.

Anything I try and connect with gets the -1829. Is it even possible to install on XP? Any ideas what is going on? Thanks!
    Hi,

Test the environment variables, INFORMIXSERVER, DBSERVERALIAS, INFORMIXSQLHOSTS and INFORMIXDIR, in the environment and the Windows registry.

Gustavo.