Unanswered: Error while Accessing External Database

Hi All,
    I'm trying to access the IDS 9.21 server (Database) from same configured IDS 9.21 server (Database) through Lan. For that I made entry in ONCONFIG file, bcoz I have NT 4.0 OS, as DBSERVERALIASES=<SERVER NAME>.
    IPs of both servers are 10.93.4.136 and 10.93.4.138.

After When I'm trying to start the IDS from services I'm getting the Following Error.

Could not start the informix IDS 2000-ol_<dbname> service on \\<servername>
    Error 2140 : An internal Windows NT error occured.

I don't know whether it is the place to ask or not.

Any one plz help.

Hi,

Don´t forget configure your client, setnet32, add the newdbserveralias definition.

M.E.

Thanx very much marceloespinosa for your prompt reply.

May I know something more regarding this i.e, How to set the value or How I have to configure. Thanx in advance.

Hi,

In both database servers, you must have installed the client "informix connect, informix setnet32", it has one tab to configure your server information, first informix server: ol_<machinename>, 2nd. host name: <machinename> or ip address, 3rd. protocol name: ol_soctcp (i supouse tcp/ip), 4th: service : nameservice.

Don´t forget edit your host file to register both machine names and ip address, that acelerate your time connection, and also your service file to register your informix service like turbo 1526/tcp.

For simplicity work with all parameter similiar to first database server only change <machinename>.

I hope that help you.

M.E.