Unanswered: Can't overwrite excelfile

Hi there,

I've got two macros that exports a table as an excel spreadsheet.
    The old spreadsheet is overwritten.

The first one works ok but when the second one is run it displays the errormessage: "Cannot update. Database or object is read-only"

No one else is using the database, the old spreadsheet is not read-only.

When I look at the macros the look identical, the only difference is that they export two different tables.

I use "TransferSpreadsheet" to do the export.

Any suggestions?

Re: Can't overwrite excelfile

Looks like your target spreadsheet is being used by someone else when you try to fill it with data from Access. Try to open the file in Excel. Check using the Task Manager wetter there is any invisible instance of Excel that is holding the file opened.

Re: Can't overwrite excelfile

Looks like your target spreadsheet is being used by someone else when you try to fill it with data from Access. Try to open the file in Excel. Check using the Task Manager wetter there is any invisible instance of Excel that is holding the file opened.

Nope. Unless Access itself has some kind of lock on it from an earlier query its unused.

If i export the table manually it works... But the whole idea with macros is to get automation... :-)

Is "TransferSpreadsheet" the only action the macro does? (Sorry for duplicating my previous message, browser problems.)

SetWarnings No
    TransferSpreadsheet
    SetWarnings Yes
    MsgBox

It feels like its something outside the macro that affects this... but as I wrote earlier, there are no other users using this database.

The database is OK, but what about the target spreadsheet? If it is located on a network share, can you check the status of the file on the server?