Exclamation Unanswered: How to configure a Database both, as a Publisher and a Subscriber ?

Hi ,
    I am using merge replication wherein we have the following architecture.
    We have three different databases. One DB acts as the back office server. The second acts as the desktop DB and the last one is a mobile DB i.e. SQLCE DB.
    Data needs to be synchronized between the back office server and the desktop. The SQL CE database connects to the desktop for data synchronization. i.e.
    I want to push and pull data from the mobile DB to the desktop DB. Hence, here the Desktop DB acts as the Publisher, and the SQL CE DB acts as subscriber.
    Further, the desktop DB needs to push and pull data from the back office DB. Hence, in this case, the Desktop DB acts as the subscriber to the Server, and the back office DB acts as publisher.

Merge replication is not allowing me to make the desktop DB as publisher as well as the subscriber at the same time.

Is there any way we can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Pushkar.

Re: How to configure a Database both, as a Publisher and a Subscriber ?

Hi,

Open the SQL Enterprise manager and select the distributor SQL server.
    Select the replication option in the tools menu.
    Select the option Configure publishers, subscribers and distributors.

Remember to declare all the involved SQL servers on the Distributor (!) via the Client Network Utility (a small program which is installed together with SQL server)

Success, VincentJS