Thread: Form Efficiency

Question Unanswered: Form Efficiency

Hello All,
    I am using Acess 2K and have developed an application. I have a form with a subform. The main form is based on a query say Q1. The subform is also based on a query Q2. Both Q1 and Q2 are pulling data from the same table. The difference is Q2 has more tables ie it pulls some more additional information.

My main form has an Add button and some Filter buttons. So when I filter it the subform shows the filtered subset.

Everything runs fine except that after having the app in production for some months, this table which is the primary source of information for this screen has bloated to several thousands records.

At this point opening of this form is taking quite a while. When a user opens the form, the subform shows all the records. After that he can filter out his requirements.

Any suggetions how I can make this form opening faster. Remember that I am using this table in both of my queries Q1 and Q2.

Thanks in advance

Question Re: Form Efficiency

Originally posted by khan
    Hello All,
    I am using Acess 2K and have developed an application. I have a form with a subform. The main form is based on a query say Q1. The subform is also based on a query Q2. Both Q1 and Q2 are pulling data from the same table. The difference is Q2 has more tables ie it pulls some more additional information.

My main form has an Add button and some Filter buttons. So when I filter it the subform shows the filtered subset.

Everything runs fine except that after having the app in production for some months, this table which is the primary source of information for this screen has bloated to several thousands records.

At this point opening of this form is taking quite a while. When a user opens the form, the subform shows all the records. After that he can filter out his requirements.

Any suggetions how I can make this form opening faster. Remember that I am using this table in both of my queries Q1 and Q2.

Thanks in advance
    Do you need all of the previously stored information to be available or could you limit the records the query displays?

Gregg