Unanswered: oracle9i reports take longer time while running in web

Hi,

I have developed few reports in Oracle9i and I am trying to run the reports in web. Running a report through report builder takes lesser time compare to running the same report in web using web.show_document. This also depends on the file size. If my report file size(.jsp file) is less than 100KB then it takes 1 minute to show the parameter form and another 1 minute to show the report output. If my file size is around 190KB then the system takes atleast 15 minutes to show the parameter form. Another 10 to 15 minutes to show the report output. I don't understand why the system takes long time to show the parameter form.

I have a similar problem while opening the file in reports builder also. If my file size is more than 150KB then it takes more than 15 minutes to open the file.

Could anyone please help me on this.

Thanks, Radha

Java driver change from 8.1.7 to 9i

Oracle changed the Java library call in 9i. If you do not change the code, then the code will run slow using the old driver. If you can not change the code, you need to talk to the 3rd party software vender.

The change is from oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver to oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. The call will look like this: jdbc.drivers = oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver.
    Michellea Southern-David

more info on a fix

Found this on Metalink

PURPOSE
    The JDBC Thin Driver provided as part of the Oracle8i releases, cannot be
    used to connect and run against an Oracle9i database.

SCOPE & APPLICATION
    Developers using the JDBC Thin Driver (pre-9i) to connect to an Oracle9i
    Database will see ORA-600 [ttcgcshnd-1] exceptions.

RDBMS release 9.0.1 fix - JDBC Thin Driver:
    ===========================================

The JDBC Thin Driver, provided as part of the Oracle8i releases, cannot be
    used to connect and run against an Oracle9i database.

You will need to download and install a JDBC thin patch in order to connect to
    an Oracle9i back-end. This is patch 1725012.

The location of patch 1725012 and associated information can be found on
    MetaLink at http://metalink.oracle.com. After logging on to MetaLink, select
    the 'Patches' link to go the Patches Download page, and then select the link
    for patches released after February 19, 2001. Search for patch number 1725012.
    Select the appropriate patch for your operating system.

The download contains instructions to install the patch.

If you install JDBC 8.1.7.1, or RDBMS 8.1.7.1, or RDBMS 8.1.7.1b, after
    installing the JDBC patch, you will need to re-install the JDBC Thin patch in
    order to connect to an Oracle9i backend.
    Michellea Southern-David

Re: Java driver change from 8.1.7 to 9i

The reports are not migrated reports from 8.1.7. The reports are developed using Oracle 9iDS. I have saved them as .jsp files (default format in Oracle9i) and running them over web using web.show_document built-in. I don't understand why the application takes 15 to 20 minutes to show the parameter form. Any idea what is happening while displaying parameter form?