Unanswered: ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position

We've got a java application that adds, reads and updates CLOB data on Oracle 8.1.7 through Weblogic 6.1. Everything works just fine. We are testing a move to oracle 9.2.x and the CLOB access returns an error "ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position". This is on the Solaris platform. This error occurs when accessing old data as well as attempting to add new data to previously null CLOB. We've got an all Microsoft version of 9.2.x and Weblogic 6.1 that does not exhibit this problem? Any ideas? Our thought is that there's an OCI driver problem that is different between the Solaris and Windows platforms.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position

Originally posted by wantacobra2003
    We've got a java application that adds, reads and updates CLOB data on Oracle 8.1.7 through Weblogic 6.1. Everything works just fine. We are testing a move to oracle 9.2.x and the CLOB access returns an error "ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position". This is on the Solaris platform. This error occurs when accessing old data as well as attempting to add new data to previously null CLOB. We've got an all Microsoft version of 9.2.x and Weblogic 6.1 that does not exhibit this problem? Any ideas? Our thought is that there's an OCI driver problem that is different between the Solaris and Windows platforms.
    *Cause: The application is trying to get a descriptor
    from a handle for an illegal position.
    *Action: Check the position number

Re: ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position

Originally posted by anacedent
    *Cause: The application is trying to get a descriptor
    from a handle for an illegal position.
    *Action: Check the position number
    Been there, done that. That really doesn't provide any answer to the problem. Anyone else encounter this and how did you solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by wantacobra2003
    Been there, done that. That really doesn't provide any answer to the problem. Anyone else encounter this and how did you solve it?
    Fast forward 6 years and I've just had the same problem running a script in Toad. Solution was to close and re-open. I also had to refresh my VPN session.

Anacent's previous answer reminds me of the farmer and the hot-air balloonist who landed in his field.
    Balloonist: "can you tell me where I am?"
    Farmer: "you're in a hot-air balloon"

Actually there is a corollary conversation:
    Balloonist: "you must work in IT"
    Farmer "why's that?"
    Balloonist: "because you've answered my question and told me nothing at all."
    Farmer: "you must be a business user."
    Balloonist: "why's that?"
    Farmer: "because you don't know where you are or where you're going, but now somehow it's my fault."