Question Unanswered: check for duplicates

I'm working on document log database. I have a form used to enter all the properties of a particular document and on that same form is a subform where multiple reviewers can be selected for that document. I want to prevent users from adding the same reviewer multiple times for the same document document. I thought of creating a record set and then checking for duplicates in the combo boxes before update event procedure. But I am having problems passing the document id to the form module of the subform. Please help.

I have attached to database. The name of the form is frmLetterLog. or click on the data entry button on the main page.

daxx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi

In your desing open the tabel called "DocDetailes" and add a new UNIQUE INDEX to it. The index fields should be based on "ReviewerName" + "DocID". this way will prevent duplicating the same previewer to the same document.

Have fun.
    Firas arramli
    Systems Analyst

Well you can do fars suggested. The only thing is it'll give the users an ugly error message. Alternately you can save the reviewer id and doc id and do a DOLOOKUP for both i nyour table. If found then give a nice little message or simply ignore duplicate entries.

Originally posted by firasarramli
    Hi

In your desing open the tabel called "DocDetailes" and add a new UNIQUE INDEX to it. The index fields should be based on "ReviewerName" + "DocID". this way will prevent duplicating the same previewer to the same document.

Have fun.

Tried it

thanks

Originally posted by firasarramli
    Hi

Have fun.