Unanswered: displaying 100 records at a time on a form

I've thought long and hard now and, with my knowledge of VBA, haven't come up with a solution. I have a continuous form which is being populated by a pass thru query. Lets say that the pass thru query fetches 500 records. I want to display a 100 records at a time on this form. I have a 'Next 100' button for the user to click. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

I've thought long and hard now and, with my knowledge of VBA, haven't come up with a solution. I have a continuous form which is being populated by a pass thru query. Lets say that the pass thru query fetches 500 records. I want to display a 100 records at a time on this form. I have a 'Next 100' button for the user to click. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

What is the problem... the code for "Next 100" button
    Saludos
    Norberto

How do you have this form tied to the pass-thru query? If it's set to it by the rowsource you're stuck. The only way I can think to do it would be have 2 tables - 1 for the display and the other as the holding pen ... Then your "Next 100" button can work for you.

Smile Re: displaying 100 records at a time on a form

Originally posted by jersey_skies
    If you want to code this, you can create a temporary table with the information from the query. Add a field to the new temp table using CurrentDb.Tabledefs(name).CreateField(name, type). Make the new field an integer and append it to the fields collection. Then open up a recordset based on the new table and loop through using --For x = 1 to rs.Recordcount. Then just add the x value to the tables new integer field. Now you have a list of numbers you can use to separate into 100's groups if needed.

Each time you open the form you can overwrite the table and start with new records.

This is just my solution to single user operation but I would think that it could be adapted to multiuser situations. If the table only had to be updated once a day, the first time the form was opened it would be better.

Hope this helps.

Gregg