Exclamation Unanswered: Oracle and fire walls

I wish to send all inserts occuring on table A in instance A to table B(same format as table A) in instance B. I want to do this as the inserts occur in instance A.
    Instance B is the other side of a fire wall.
    What options are available to me to achieve this?

Janice

Re: Oracle and fire walls

Originally posted by janice moore
    I wish to send all inserts occuring on table A in instance A to table B(same format as table A) in instance B. I want to do this as the inserts occur in instance A.

Janice
    There must be allowed communication from A to B (standard ports 1251,1256) on your FW.
    Then simply create the DBLink (CREATE DATABASE LINK.....) on instance A to instance B.

Re: Oracle and fire walls

Originally posted by janice moore

Janice

Before you create the link, ensure that computer A can see computer B. If there is no access to the system outside of the firewall, then there are not any options available.

There are also issues with using Oracle on Microsoft Windows NT servers and firewalls. Do a search for firewall NT on the forum.

Alan

Can you put them both on the DMZ?

If not, check which ports can be used and you can configure oracle to use those ports rather than default ones. The bad thing is that if a ton of traffic is going through the same port, your network will be a big bottle neck.

L