Question Unanswered: How to connect to Btrieve 6.15

Hi to All,

I am new in Btrieve technology and all its components, engines, server and clients.

On company computer, there is a program using Btrieve database.
    I have to make a program(on c++, vc) wich use Btrieve dat files and update them from time to time, I prefer to use already installed components and server and not to install any new server.

As I could understand that this program is using MKDE and its database contains only DAT files. There are no DDF files !!!!. It is starting W32mkde when it starts and then close it when it is closing. There is no ODBC definitions.

I can find following files which can help you:
    W32mkde.exe (2.0.430.1)
    Wbtrv32.dll (3.0.0.0)
    Wbtrthnk.dll (3.0.0.0)
    Wbtrcall.dll (6.15.440.1)
    Wbtrvres.dll (6.15.3.0)

As I can understand this is version of Btrieve 6.15 which is not supported from Pervasive. I could not find SDK for 6.15 on their server
    ;(

Is there any samples or tutorials or SDK how 3-rd party programs make connection to database and executing queries and updating information?

10x in advice.

Regards,
    Zoroto

Re: How to connect to Btrieve 6.15

Hi,

You are correct that Btrieve 6.15 is no longer supported. However, a few Btrieve 6.15 manuals are still available on the Pervasive Web site. They may be of some help.

Visit http://www.pervasive.com/support/tec...rv615_docs.asp

In particular, the Programmer's Manual may assist you.

Regards,
    Tim
    Pervasive Technical Publications

Originally posted by zoroto
    Hi to All,

I am new in Btrieve technology and all its components, engines, server and clients.

On company computer, there is a program using Btrieve database.
    I have to make a program(on c++, vc) wich use Btrieve dat files and update them from time to time, I prefer to use already installed components and server and not to install any new server.

As I could understand that this program is using MKDE and its database contains only DAT files. There are no DDF files !!!!. It is starting W32mkde when it starts and then close it when it is closing. There is no ODBC definitions.

I can find following files which can help you:
    W32mkde.exe (2.0.430.1)
    Wbtrv32.dll (3.0.0.0)
    Wbtrthnk.dll (3.0.0.0)
    Wbtrcall.dll (6.15.440.1)
    Wbtrvres.dll (6.15.3.0)

As I can understand this is version of Btrieve 6.15 which is not supported from Pervasive. I could not find SDK for 6.15 on their server
    ;(

Is there any samples or tutorials or SDK how 3-rd party programs make connection to database and executing queries and updating information?

10x in advice.

Regards,
    Zoroto