Unanswered: Informix Storage Manager

I am using Online 9.40.TC1X1 on Windows 2000 and Informix Storage Manager. I have been working with Archive and Logging and keep running into the problem that when I do cleanup. I need to remove all Archives and Logs on a daily basis when I do the database cleanup. I can remove all files from the Archive and Logging directories and unmount the devices, but I cannot remove the volumes that I have created for ISM. This results in ISM hanging when attempting to remove the volumes. I have tried the ism_startup -init after remobing the ISM\2.20\res directory, but still the volumes persist. The only way I have been able to remove the volumes is to completely un-install the Informix software and then re-install, making sure I have removed all directories where the software shall be installed and have cleaned up all registry information. This approach is not really acceptable and I would like to know how I can go about cleaning up my Archive and Log files.

Does anyone have any suggestions in this area...

Re: Informix Storage Manager

Originally posted by RickP
    I am using Online 9.40.TC1X1 on Windows 2000 and Informix Storage Manager. I have been working with Archive and Logging and keep running into the problem that when I do cleanup. I need to remove all Archives and Logs on a daily basis when I do the database cleanup. I can remove all files from the Archive and Logging directories and unmount the devices, but I cannot remove the volumes that I have created for ISM. This results in ISM hanging when attempting to remove the volumes. I have tried the ism_startup -init after remobing the ISM\2.20\res directory, but still the volumes persist. The only way I have been able to remove the volumes is to completely un-install the Informix software and then re-install, making sure I have removed all directories where the software shall be installed and have cleaned up all registry information. This approach is not really acceptable and I would like to know how I can go about cleaning up my Archive and Log files.

Does anyone have any suggestions in this area...
    Hi Rick,

You proved with erasing the lines of the base sysutils or rebuild this.

Gustavo.