Question Unanswered: Date format when submitting queries

Hi, when submitting a query on a date field I need to query the date in american format (mm/dd/yy). When returning the date as part of another query it displays it in British format (dd/mm/yy) which is what I want. Regional settings etc are correct - what else should I be looking for?

Thanks,
    Tim

the great things about dates is that you can put them and view them in all types of ways.

If you want to be sure you are always in correct format just pick apart the date and using datepart. and you can grab the month, day, year, hour, minute and seconds and put them in any order. So have fun with it, dates just take a little time to get used to but they offer lots of help with date functions. DATEDIFF, DATEADD, DATEPART, DATENAME

exELECT cast(DATEPART(day, GETDATE())as varchar(2))
    +'/'+
    cast(DATEPART(month, GETDATE())as varchar(2))
    +'/'+
    cast(DATEPART(year, GETDATE())as varchar(4))

Provided Answers: 1
    What interface are you using? Query analyzer? Access? VB?

If you run the following code in Query Analyzer, does it display March 4 ro April 3?

select Convert(varchar(20), cast('3/4/2003' as Datetime))

blindman

Just try this
    select convert( varchar(40),dateformat_field,101)

i think he wants to enter the date in british format while entering it in the query.

that's my problem too, i can convert the date as dd/mm/yyyy format when display, but when input the data, users are used dd/mm/yyyy format too, so when data is saved, error message will pop up. How can I convert the dd/mm/yyyy format into the mm/dd/yyyy format. Thanks for the help!

that's my problem too, i can convert the date as dd/mm/yyyy format when display, but when input the data, users are used dd/mm/yyyy format too, so when data is saved, error message will pop up. How can I convert the dd/mm/yyyy format into the mm/dd/yyyy format. Thanks for the help!

SET DATEFORMAT dmy

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL