Thread: Graphing

Unanswered: Graphing

Here is the scenario:

I work for a radio engineering firm. I need to plot the coordinates of stations on either an x-y graph (I have the stations' N-S and E-W coordinates) or on a polar graph (I also have their distance and bearing) and then label the call signs of the stations so they are identifiable. These seems like simple tasks, but I can't figure out how to do them!

Thus, here are my technical problems:

1. I have coordinates in my Access database that I must plot on a x-y or polar axis. I don't need the coordinates analyzed or anything...simply plotted accurately. I have the locations available in both rectangular and polar, so I could use help doing it either way.

2. Also, how can I add a label to these coordinates once I plot them? I can't get the label to identify a 3rd piece of information (the call sign) from a related record.

Much thanks to anyone who can help!
    Sarah

Re: Graphing

1. Access has a Graph Wizard that can plot x-y graphs, but no polar graphs. If you need one, you can roll your own, but it involves a lot of coding and trigonometry. A good (and probaly expensive) solution is to purchase a third party graph control compatible with Access.

A workaround is to use Excel to plot your graphs from Access. Excel has something called a radar graph, and it is close to a polar graph, only looks uglier :-))

2. Any graph software enables you to label your series of data, so that shouldn't be a problem.