Unanswered: Redirect problem

Ok, I have a logout page where I would like to redirect users back to the login page. I use this command

header("Location:login.php");

but I recieve an error on the page that says:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stu/ab8140/public_html/onboard/check_login.php:66) in /home/stu/ab8140/public_html/onboard/logout.php

Any suggestions on why this is occuring?

Re: Redirect problem

Originally posted by ab8140
    Ok, I have a logout page where I would like to redirect users back to the login page. I use this command

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stu/ab8140/public_html/onboard/check_login.php:66) in /home/stu/ab8140/public_html/onboard/logout.php

Try using the follwing statement:

echo("<HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT='3; URL=$PHP_SELF'</HEAD>");

content=3 is how long you want to wait before the redirection
    url = is the page you want to redirect to.

This does not work in all browsers, but has worked for me. The problem you are having is that I do not think you can use the header function if you have displayed anything on the screen already.

Re: Redirect problem

Originally posted by ab8140

Your problem is you are using echo function before header function.

Any output sent to the browser before that will give you that error. If you just hit enter one time before the php tag then that will give you the error. Or output any code using php.