Angry Unanswered: Multi User Environment

Good day

I am creating a very complex database that requires most forms to contain alot of fields. My problem is that there are 10 users, 7 of which are fine with keeping the screen resolution at 1024/768.
    However, the remaining 3 people INSIST on keeping a low 800/600.

Having a higher resolution allows for more information per screen. Is it possible to set the database to open at a higher resolution? These 3 people are fine with using the database at a higher resolution, but don't want it that way all the time (just when using the database).

I have looked in MS Knowledge base and I can't find any information on how I would do this. PLEASE HELP!!

I would appreciate any information on this as I can not proceed with design until I have exhausted all areas of this
    Thank you in advance for you help and time.

Re: Multi User Environment

Resizing screen size is a complex process. You have to quite good at VBA as wells as API
    . Basically you first have to capture the current screen size to determine if the app needs resizing then you'll have to write a global function to resize every control on every form with the ratio. This have to be done on Form_Load event of every form. So when ever a user navigates to a form, resize the form and then display it.

When quitting from app, resize it back to its original screen size.

It involves alot coding. You can also buy third party controls that can do all this for you..

Originally posted by WhiteRose
    Good day

I am creating a very complex database that requires most forms to contain alot of fields. My problem is that there are 10 users, 7 of which are fine with keeping the screen resolution at 1024/768.
    However, the remaining 3 people INSIST on keeping a low 800/600.

Having a higher resolution allows for more information per screen. Is it possible to set the database to open at a higher resolution? These 3 people are fine with using the database at a higher resolution, but don't want it that way all the time (just when using the database).

I have looked in MS Knowledge base and I can't find any information on how I would do this. PLEASE HELP!!

I would appreciate any information on this as I can not proceed with design until I have exhausted all areas of this
    Thank you in advance for you help and time.

if you don't know enough VB and just *have* to do this ... due to deadline, office politics, or what have you - just make it a long form -- i've found people don't mind scrolling up and down (can pagedown/up) as much as right / left.

Also, if necessary, create too forms. One for the higher resolution people and a nearly identical one for the low resolution people. On the second one either the user will have to scroll down or else reduce the font size (jmmm.... arial size 4, lol

if you can do the vb or some other method that's better ... this is just suggested if there is no time or money to do it a "better" way.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try this FormResizer .mdb file:

Perhaps it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool Thank You

Thank you Thank you Thank you

The form resizer worked wonderfully, now with the 800x600 and the 1024x768 everything fits on the screen and look great. Had to resize some boxes, but I dont' mind.

Thank you again you are a life saver!! (or time saver )

Thanks again for all of you suggestions I greatly appreciate it!!

Provided Answers: 1
    Never mind, main thing it functions..